I currently live in Nova Scotia, Canada and here are some facts about the province.
- Nova Scotia is Latin for New Scotland
- Area: 21,425 sq mi (55,491 sq km), located in Eastern Canada.
The sea defines Nova Scotia. No matter where you go, it is never more than 35 kilometres (22 miles) away. The coastline is more than 7,400 kilometres (4,600 miles) long, punctuated by idyllic harbours and inlets, sandy beaches and glacier-shorn cliffs.
- Capital: Halifax
- Date Entered the Federation: July 1, 1867
- Provincial Flower: Trailing Arbutus
- Provincial Bird: Osprey
- Provincial Tree: Red Spruce
- Motto: Munit Haec et Altera Vincit “One defends and the other conquers”
- Population: 932’966 (2007)
Information from Nova Scotia on the Canada Info website.